BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, June 4, 2009

the end....

I was looking online the other day because I was curious how the "Freedom Tower" progress was going because the designs looked pretty interesting when they were first shown pretty soon after the 9/11 attacks happened. The Freedom Tower was to be the building to take the spot of the fallen World Trade Center and also have a memorial around the building in memory of the innocent who were killed on that day. It would have a brilliant design of a massive building that looked like it would be made out of glass but would actually also have a mixture of sturdy steel products. The height would measure up to be 1,776 feet high, being a symbol of the year that America was founded.


What I found out about the building is that I couldn't find much new information about the Freedom Tower so I figured it was probably a cancelled or a delayed project. As one last resort I typed the name into wikipedia and received a redirect to another wiki page titled "One World Trade Center". Creepy name. Is it just me or does this sound like the stuff about the One World Government in the book of Revelation in the Bible? To add on the note it sounded like the design of the building had been altered slightly. A large part of the space in the building is already being planned to be rented out to the Chinese government to do business in. It does not even open until at least the year 2013. I don't get why the people of the Port Authority of New Jersey and New York couldn't have changed the name to something like "World Trade Center 2" or just keep it as the Freedom Tower. It doesn't even make sense to name it ONE World Trade Center unless they truly meant ONE world which is prophesied in the Bible as the end of time.This is an article about the name change The above picture is one of the old design of the building and below is the new one.

1 comments:

Peculiar Blogs said...

I couldn't see the new pic on your blog, but I will look it up. Very interesting info, Ian! Thanks for sharing.