BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

D-Day

I woke up yesterday not knowing what the day held for me. I didn't know that I was going to be going to Disneyland that day or that I was going to be at a Dodgers baseball game that night. Neither did I know that I would find a cure for cancer and also build a flux capacitor by bumping my head on the sink (probably because those last two didn't happen). I have to remind myself sometimes not to plan my day because if you do then God will laugh at you like on "Evan Almighty".


Anyway I did go to Disneyland yesterday with my family getting the last use out of the year passes before the Summertime blackout days come. While were there it was decided that we were there partly to celebrate my birthday since mine is in July, on a blackout day, and most of my siblings are going to Disneyland on their birthdays. The park was more filled with people than it had before when we had gone but we still managed to get on a handful rides and have a good time.

After getting home at about 3pm I started to relax and then a few hours later I got another surprise. We received a phone call from a friend of the family who wanted to offer us 4 Dodgers tickets for that night game. She had purchased the tickets but couldn't go because of a sickness. We thankfully accepted and my Dad, Annabel, Vince and I all went to that evening's game. I had never gone to a professional baseball game before yesterday. A few minutes later I was just checking up on my Twitter account to discover that the San Diego based Christian rock band Switchfoot was going to be watching that same game at the stadium! They didn't perform or get any sort of special appearance but they were there, rooting for the Padres (NO!). I didn't see them though.

After an exciting game with the stadium literally shaking with excitement as the last pitch was thrown, the Dodgers won the game 6 to 4. A creepy thing did happen at that game also. I was just saying that I had the "Don't Stop Believing" song in my head by the 80s band Journey. About 5 minutes later a song started to come on that I thought I had recognized and then I realized it was that same song! I hadn't even listened to that song recently! The song was blasting all over the place and there were even lyrics on the scoreboard to sing along! Vince said that I should say that money is falling from the sky, hoping to catch a few bucks. By the way, by the D-Day title I am not talking about storming the beaches of Normandy but rather it stands for Disneyland and Dodgers.=)

1 comments:

Peculiar Blogs said...

Awesome!! I was wondering about the baseball pictures on facebook! Sounds like an awesome day! Happy Eary d'day B'day!