BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, June 5, 2009

Bridges and Gotees

I helped out with setting up the layout for my troop's annual rope bridge today. The rope bridge is usually put up as part of Troop 65's spot at Scout-O-Rama. Scout-O-Rama is a big event where troops in the area go to the park and they set up (usually) fun and interactive booths for the public to view and gain interest. In addition the Troops can also win awards from the district based on their booths, preparedness, attitudes, and how they relate to the theme. This year the event has a Green environment theme. This event will be taking place tomorrow throughout the day.


When I came back from the bridge set-up I came home and checked my messages online. I found out that Gotee Records (one of my favorites!) is now following me on Twitter. I thought that was kinda weird considering that I didn't even follow their updates yet but they found me somehow. This is the company founded by Tobymac of DC Talk and started off famous groups such as Family Force 5 and Relient k!I also thought it was funny that I had seen recently that Tobymac was the Justin Timberlake of Christian music. Their music is only slightly similar and besides that the only thing they have in common is that they both wear a fedora. Tobymac is 45 and Justin is in his late twenties. years old. Speaking of Twitter, I added a sidebar widget of my Twitter updates on the left on my blog so you can view it here without an account.

1 comments:

Peculiar Blogs said...

I love that pic of TobyMac. That is interesting about the TobyMac/Justin Timberlake thing. The only other similarity is they both appeal to a lot of people and are "hip." I think it's very cool that they are following you!