BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 15, 2009

Hey Golden Stereo Boys!

As I said in my last post I was going to a Best Buy acoustic concert and I said I would write about it. Well this is the post about it, even though it is late. The main reason it is late is because I was camping over the weekend (there is a funny picture of this at my photo blog Hey You, Look At These Pictures!). I wasn't sure how exactly Best Buy was going to pull this stunt off of having multiple semi-famous bands doing an acoustic concert in their store. The concert featured bands such as Hey Monday, Friday Night Boys, Stereo Skyline, and The Golden State. I got to the store about 40 minutes before the event started and the line was already going down an aisle. Right as I approached the store to walk in, I noticed that pulling up right to the enterance to the store where I was about to walk was Hey Monday and their small van. They all were very nice and said hi as I passed them.


A few months ago Best Buy had put in a large section of the back of their store to be dedicated to musical instruments, including sound-proof rooms even. The store employees had put tape to block the small gap to enter the music section and then had placed the small crowd in line, to form a sort of half-circle around the taped up gap to the music section. I would say that nobody expected such a large audience to come and viewers even went down aisles just to get a good view. I got a fairly good spot to see the bands, compared to some people. Out of the bads playing I would say that Hey Monday and Stereo Skyline were the best but this may not be accurate concidering that it was an acoustic performance and not all of the band members were actually playing. I would relate Stereo Skyline to The Rocket Summer and Hey Monday to the sond of Paramore. After the performance everyone got the chance to meet the bands and get autographs and photos. I did get to do all of these things for every band. If any of these bands ever get really popular then I can say that I have met them!

Half of Hey Monday


The Other Half


Stereo Skyline


The Golden State


Guy from Friday Night Boys (I don't know if his name is really Guy or not)

0 comments: