BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, May 29, 2009

Relient k concert!




As you have probably seen on my blog I purchased tickets a few months ago for a Relient k concert. The date finally came and I got to see the best band EVER! They were awesome! Not only did they do a concert for us but they did 2 songs that they have nevery played before and they said that they are on the new record called "Forget and Not Slow Down" coming out in October-ish time. The venue that they played at did not have any seats so I managed to make it to the front row! I also did get pushed and shoved by a mosh pit but nothing too bad (hey it's a Christian band!). The vocalist of Relient k (Matt Theissen) also went crowd surfing during the song "Sadie Hawkins Dance".

The bands that opened for them werre Runner Runner and Owl City. Runner Runner was almost as good as Relient k and had a whole bunch of energy! Owl City was kinda mellow and wasn't too fun to watch in concert. I think they are much better on a CD.

I also walked out with more than I walked in with! I got a guitar pick that was thrown out to the crowd and was used by Matt Hoopes who is one of the Relient k guitarists. Vincent was also there along with my dad. Vince managed to get the list of songs of the night that was being used by the Relient k bassist. As I bought a Relient k t-shirt, I also got a Runner Runner CD for $1! I also got to meet all of the members of Runner Runner and get their autograph on my ticket!

Runner Runner

Matt Theissen

John Warne(bassist of RK)

3 comments:

lexidoodleellis said...

nice! i hope i get to go to one [or more] of the east coast dates on this tour!

it stinks when the closest they play is nine hours away!

alexis

Lauren said...

hey - i'm hoping to catch the RK show in Rochester next weekend - any chance you could give me an idea of how long the concert went?

can't wait to see them live!

Rock4Him said...

The concert started at about 7:00 PM and the two opening acts played until about 9:30 which is when Relient k came on. Relient k played until 11:00, including the encore song of Deathbed. In all the concert lasted about 4 hours but Relient k was about 1 1/2 hours long. Have fun!