BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, July 27, 2009

Fish Fest 09

After all of the waiting for months it finally came. FishFest does not have anything to do with actual fish, but it is the name of the local radio station that plays contemporary Christian music like Jeremy Camp, Brandon Heath, and Tenth Avenue North. I found it kind of odd that yearly the FISH does this event but they never really have bands that they play often, if ever. This year the line-up was MercyMe, Jars of Clay, Matthew West, Francesca Battistelli, Phil Wickham, Brandon Muchow, NeedtoBreath, Jana Alayra, RED, This Beautiful Republic, and Hawk Nelson.


These artists were spread out throughout 3 stages (Main, Family, and Edge) and I actually got around to see all of them except for Phil Wickham. The family and edge stages were actually small stages that people can stand up in front of and watch while the main stage was actually the huge stage that featured assigned seating according to the tickets purchased.

All of the bands were good but I thought that This Beautiful Republic and Hawk Nelson did the best job. I also got to meet This Beautiful Republic in passing. During that day the people of FishFest got 2 songs dedicated to us. The first was by
Matthew West who made a song about how we could just sit back, eat some funnel cake, and watch him perform. The second was by pop-rock band Hawk Nelson who did a rap about Diet Mountain Dew and how its still good even though it's diet.It's actually a parody of KJ-52's song called Mountian Dew. I also got a chance to purchase the rare Hawk Nelson Summer EP which is only available at their summer festival shows this year. It was a great birthday event overall and I got many good pictures and video to share.

Singer of the band RED, I think he wears guyliner....


This Beautiful Republic


Hawk Nelson


Jars of Clay

0 comments: