I have not mentioned this yet but I got a job!!! I'm not going to post on here exactly what or where it is but I am going to say a few things about the retail job. Today was actually my first working day so I got to stock the sales floor tidy things up, help customers and even use a cash register a few times!
My new excuse for no blog posts of any kind have been directly a problem with my laptop but actually the power cord. Bad cord=no power=no laptop use=no blog posts. I bought a new one about a week ago and received a few days ago and everything seems to be fine now.
In the time gap of my recent blog posts I have also not talked about 2 major recent events. The first one is about Obama getting the Nobel Peace Prize. I don't get why in the world they gave him it when there are so many more people that deserve it waaaaaaay more than he does. He can say all the peace loving stuff he wants to do but it does not mean it will happen. If I got to choose who got it I would actually choose the creators of the "Invisible Children" movies. They have done a lot of promoting to stop war and is really a good organization that has a lot of respect from notable figures.
The second major event that has happened is NASA bombing the moon. It sounds like a big waste of money to me but whatever. Before this event happened or was even really known about to the public there was a Christian band called "We Shot The Moon". I just find that a little funny because we now actually did "shoot" the moon! Here is a creative video by the band of their best song "Sway Your Head".If at this point you are starting to wonder if I can relate anything to music, why yes, yes I can.
Tomorrow should be a cloudy cold day followed by the first rain of the season later this week. I am also selling popcorn as a Scout fundraiser tomorrow in front of a store, which I am pretty sure that it was raining last year when I did this. Also on the topic of scouts is the choice of my last two merit badges I will most likley be taking. They will be Photography and Computers, the computer one looks fairly easy as the requirements look pretty much like what I am already doing in my college class. After the 2 badges I can go in for an Eagle Board for a palm, that is not exactly a rank higher but something to add on to the Eagle Rank. After that my time in scouting will be up, although I am not 18 yet. I will still be helping out every now and then and going to Vince's award ceremonies and such but I will not be an active member when I am done.
This week looks like its going to be a good one and I even have a work night in there too! You can expect some more blogging from me soon and also you can check up on http://heyyoulookatthesepictures.blogspot.com for some of my creative updates.
Saturday, October 10, 2009
Update
Posted by Rock4Him at 9:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment