BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, March 20, 2009

The President comes to Town


This past Wednesday the President decided to stop by in town to do a speech. Well I didn't go see him. I'm not so fond of Obama, I didn't vote for him (well I can't vote, next time I can), and I wouldn't have either if I could.

Anyway the President came in through the Long Beach Airport instead of coming though the massive LAX. On that Wednesday my mom decided that we would go see the Air Force come in, as we were reminded when we saw the news vans all parked up ready for him to come hours later.

Just so you all know we did go to see Obama or support him, like the other people there,but we went to see Air Force One and maybe the President(not by the name Obama). When we got at the Airport we actually parked behind a Verizon building nearby to get a better view when it came in. It appeared that they had landed every other plane but they didn't. About 5 minutes before Air Force One came in, another plane came in with small writing on it and a flag on the back. Everyone started taking pictures of this plane, thinking that it was the Presidents, but it was a United Airways Express plane. =). Air Force One did come in though and we did not see the President.

After we got in the car we were waiting for the other cars to leave so I turned on the radio. On the radio they were talking about how the President had just arrived in Long Beach and would be going to his meeting via helicopter (Marine One) immediately. The next second the parking structure we were on started shaking and we heard the loud engines starting up as the 5 helicopters lifted off.

On Thursday I heard that the President was to leave around 6pm. As I was asking if we could hear or see the Marine One from our house I heard a loud sound that sounded like a motorcycle coming from the front yard. I looked at the clock and realized that it was almost 6pm and went outside and saw in the distance the 5 helicopters lifting off and heading towards the Airport.

0 comments: