BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, March 6, 2010

As Mad as a Hatter


I have been waiting and highly anticipating the new Alice in Wonderland for a while now and it has been finally released this weekend though I found it a bit disappointing (If you would like to read my review of this film you can see it here at "My Flick Reviews"). Working at a movie theater, we have been trying to pump up the movie with different aspects of decorating the theater and also allowing the employees to wear a crazy hat on opening weekend. This weekend I happened to get the duty of taking tickets at the door and directing people where to go and so I brought a classic "Cat in the Hat" hat to wear and I actually had a lot of customers saying that they liked it (though I also got a lot of odd looks).

I also bought a copy of a CD with songs based off of Danny Elfman's music on the film and the film itself called "Almost Alice". Even thought there are a few annoying songs I would suggest you pick it up if you like pop-punk type of music. Also the Hot Topic version comtains a few bonus tracks for the same price.

Throughout the day yesterday I had a large amount of the guests come up to me asking which theater to go to see Alice. Some actually asked for "Wizard of Oz" in 3D and a surprising amount of people asked me were the "Cat in the Hat" was playing. I am guessing that my hat was taking some of the customer's mind off of what they were going to say. I'm not exactly sure how "The Wizard of Oz" came to mind since it came out way back in 1939 but I suppose that it could be mistaken as another whimsical adventure movie.

0 comments: